Saturday, August 27, 2005

Famished

Continued from Stray

As all memories goes, I couldnt be bothered to keep track of mine. But the incident couldnt be lapsed so easily. For I was save from the jaws of death by an angel. The very same angel who shoos me away, loathing my presence.

It wasnt a dark and stormy night. No rain drops was falling down, no thunder flashing in the background, not even a cold misty fog rolling around. The full moon was out splashing its radiance all over. Light so bright you would think it was in the afternoon with the sun shimmering behind a thin layer of clouds.


The air smells delightful. Scents of delicious steaming food whafts from a cafe hidden a few blocks away. Hunger lurched inside within me, my belly growls to sounds its agreement. My nose & the longing for food pulls me towards the source of the smell. My mind fails to focus on the heading, starvation filling the bidding to move towards the source without thought.

Eat first, worry later. The thought of my belly resounding with each footsteps I take. Subconsciously, I know that its a very bad motion to move towards the source, for its in a territory of a pack of strange dogs. They seemed to have lost their sanity, always drooling with a vicious snarl which meant to kill and not warn. I've seen a madless rage from deep in their colourless eyes, and known since then to stay away from them.

But my brain tries unsuccessfully to reason with the urged from deep within me, and no command managed to stay my feet to the ground. Step by step, pace by pace, I crept at a quicken pace filled with anxiety and longing.

To be continued... Survival

No comments: